Saturday, February 7, 2009

Have you found this to be the situation?

It is the time of the day when you decide it is time to sit down and have a quiet five minutes. You are home from work and maybe you have dealt with the immediate urgent issues; but you would perhaps just like to sit and have a coffee or a cool ale.

Refreshments are arranged, you are just relaxing in the comfortable chair, chatting, catching up with your significant other and ... ring ring or whatever the current ringtone jars through the peacefulness ... yep, you guessed it ...






www.swamp.com.au







the bloody telemarketer ...... aaarrghhh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooooo true!

Connie said...

In the US, they've really started cracking down on telemarketers... there are still loopholes (like people you already do business with, unless you specifically tell them NOT to call). I got spoiled with the phone NOT ringing all the time. Came to Egypt and it seems everyone thinks prank calls are the supreme form of entertainment (no you juvenile sicko, I am not russian, and i do not want to talk to you). I turn off the ringer, and constantly hang up without a word... my friends know that if they call me, they better speak up and fast or I will hang up or just leave the phone off the hook. It surprises people that I do this - hello? It's my phone. I do not have to answer if I do not want to. ;-D

Veronica said...

Here you get the "dead air" sound and you know they are on VOIP - mostly from India, so they often get the hang up treatment too ... however, they have already had the success of annoyance.