Saturday, September 26, 2009

It was an omen … they should have realized it

If you are going to be successful betting on sporting events, it would appear you have to keep up with the other news that is happening around the place.

Late yesterday afternoon a tour operator (Neil Sander), who regularly takes tourists along the Great Ocean Road, noticed that one of the Twelve Apostles had collapsed into the sea.


























http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,26127371-5014090,00.html

I am not an AFL football follower at all, but if I was a St Kilda supporter, it would not have been good news for me when I woke up this morning, to hear that one of the apostles had bit the dust.

Yes, I know that hindsight is 20/20 vision, but it was perhaps an omen.

The sports betting pop up ad on my news site told me that the odds were 2.50 St Kilda and 1.65 Geelong, so maybe they had read the news too.

I am told it was a hard fought game, played in very wet conditions, the lead swinging each way through the game; with the Saints leading at all breaks except the one that counts. It had all the requirements of a final, controversy over a goal awarded where the ball touched the posts, dissent from a player to the umpire that he touched a ball that was awarded as a goal which resulted in more points through a penalty, lots of wounded soldiers and for Melbourne … rain. It also had the Australian Children’s Choir, current rocker, Mark Seymour, old rockers (Jimmy Barnes and John Farnham), Hollywood stars (Eric Bana), an ex Treasurer and lots of wet fans.

But I am afraid that it is the result that counts and pays the money.

The Geelong Cats won by twelve points, collecting the second winner’s flag in three years.


Photos - Fox Sports

No comments: