Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Swan Lake turns pink … Flamingo Flutter?






A new exercise in my regime involves training for an attempt to balance firmly on my left leg, without wobbling all over the place, something I have been unable to do very successfully for some time.

Does this remind me of something?























Once again it requires a certain amount of trust or faith. Why would I not be able to stand on this leg? Logically, it is a heck of a lot stronger and more reliable than the one I had been hobbling around on for quite some time.





























Strangely enough my balance and my idea of vertical is a bit off true. I notice this when, as instructed, I practise in front of a mirror. I feel that I am standing evenly on both legs, but the mirror tells me differently. Perhaps the mirror is not straight?

I’ll get it right and there may still be a chance for me in the corps de ballet.




3 comments:

Connie said...

I don't balance well on either leg :p ! Nevermind - flamingos are always better than swans!

Veronica said...

I don't think we were really meant to stand on one leg for too long.

Lynda said...

Well at least you are a pretty colour! LOL Keep going.. you will be out swimming and out running that frog before you know it.